Maplerun comes from Greece and they play some sort of metal. It´s good to hear from countries which I don´t hear music so much from. This interview was done in august 2008.
- The group got together in
2003 in an effort to express emotions and feelings through music. The band
spent 4 months in Sierra studios between September and December 2007, in
order to record what would be their debut album.
-Nick: vocals/guitar, 24
years old, university student (business administration), negative aspect:
- It feels good. Great response from the audience, even though we sing in English.
- Our favourite Greek band is Socrates ( 70’s Progressive Rock).
- We do not watch football, apart from the time when our national team is playing.
- Yes but not as much as in the UK or anything like that.
- The type of music we like playing is properly expressed in English. Imagine traditional Greek music sung in Swedish…
Which type of people comes to your concerts?
- The majority of our target group is 15 – 30 years old, mostly rockers and whoever enjoys live rock music.
I think you sound a little like System of a down but a bit poppier? Comment?
- Surely we are influenced by big bands like System of a Down and many others but have always tried to create our personal style. Our sound is mostly American.
- Kick Ass Rock
-Brilliant. Nothing negative so far, people seem to dig it.
-Yes because we get the chance to know more about ourselves through the opinions of others.
-Surely not good enough as
it ought to be.
The best and the worst of living in Greece?
-Best: sun, sea, women
What is typical Greek? What
is typical swedish?
What do you know about Sweden?
- Great music (we love the Swedish rock band Katatonia), cold, beautiful women, strong alcohol. On our top 5 places to live if we can make it musically.
- Katatonia, In Flames, Opeth, The Haunted, Spiritual Beggars…
- Yes, Maplerun !!!
- Of course not.
- Question: Would you like
to go on a worldwide tour?
- Favourite Records: Black
Album (Metallica), Dark side of the moon (Pink Floyd), Metropolis part two:
Scenes from a memory (Dream Theatre), Viva Emptiness (Katatonia), Master of
- First expensive record:
Iron Maiden: the best of the beast
- Rockin Bones
- Our record label is named Shift Records and it is not ours. It is a Greek Record label for alternative rock artists. It is a very good label with loads of bands under its umbrella.
- Myspace has been very
helpful for us. A lot of people get the chance to listen to our music and
tell us what thy think about it. It has also given us the chance to
communicate with musicians, producers, promotion and record companies around
- Mp3 downloading is good
for small bands that are trying to be heard, but bad for big bands that lose
- We have only played with Greek bands in festivals, nothing important.
Futureplans for the band?
- Touring abroad and recording the second album.
- Our individual plans are the plans of the band.
Something more to add?
-We hope that our music will be widely accepted in order for us to carry on with our dream.