Damn Sunday Drivers
I got a demo from this group, decided to do an interview. Fast answers, a day or something like that. Joäl is the one who answered. 19 February was the day this took it´s form..
-I and Rickard became mates in school in Kristianstad. After a MXPX-concert on KB in Malmoe we decide to start a band. We sat behind the compute in Rickards “boysroom” and recorded some song, among other it was "Does your mother know" by ABBA (wow), and "Rosa Helikopter" by Peaches (really vow). Ola was going in my class and he wanted to be in. Everone knewed Martin so we asked him really fast after that…and on that way it is.
Please tell me a little about every member, age, family, work, interests and something bad about every one?
- Rickard is born 1983. He got a really cool guitar in christmaspresent when he was 7 years old there it was written “Kick ass”. Have a really mad AC/DC-dad and that helped out also
- Martin is our other guitarist, born 1985. He´s a metal guy but he´s in the band mostly to get chicks =) but I think that is bullshit, he burns for the skatepunk.
He´s absolutely the hardest guy on Sweden Rock everu summer. That I can guarantee!
- Ola, born 1984, is drummer and that we´re satsfied with. But unfortunaly we maybe lost him to Satanic Surfers. No, not so bad wasn´t it but he have been practised with them, it have been cool if he´s going to play there.
- I´, named Joäl, proud 83´s (Year of the "Safety Dance".) Plays bass and sings bad. I started to play as late as in the eight Good times, noodle salad.I cannot come up with something bad , not when were talking about the others. I can say that I almost kicked down an old woman with my longboard some summer ago. Really sick history but it was mostly her fault.
Damn Sunday Drivers, brilliant name, who came up with that?
-They say so in GTA2, where we took it from.
The best swedish band through all times ?
- Shit really difficult... I answer... EUROPE!
Best band in your homecity…right now or best band in Sweden maybe?
- Our homecity? I think it must be Sölvesborg then because there we have played the most. It´s difficult question but there´s a band there which is really cool. Hate Invasion they´re called. They play really much Misfits. The best band in Sweden….there I answer... EUROPE!
How would you describe your music in three words
-Fast sweaty punk
I compare you with Bad Religion, Astream and Adhesive, comment?
- Thanks thanks!
What other bands are you being compared to?
- People have compared us with Millencolin sometimes. I don´t agree with them.
Do you care about reviews? Which is the most peculiar you have got?
- Of course we care but so long as we like the stuff we do, it´s shit the same.
To be a demoband, which is the best and what´s the worst parts of that? Are you sending out much records to be reviewed?
- The worst part is that it´s really hard to get a gig. It´s surely more easy to get one if you play metal. The best with it is that every step foreward feels enormous , when you sell a lot of demos or when it comes much audience when you play. We don´t send out so much as we should….but Rickard have done some job with that the last time.
How is a good gig with you?
- Really short and intensive I think…we haven´t done so many.
Which type of people are listening to you, is it only mates or do how do a ”fan” to you look like?
- Of course it´s many mates, but we have really good response from other ways to.
What does punk mean to you, is it a lifestyle or is it only a word?
- Punk for us is in the first place music. But then it became a lifestyle when you think of that what we listen to mostly. Except Martin =)
Is it many interview, is it boring?
- This is the first real one, and that´s fun!
Which is the question you never get but you want to have, please ask it and answer it?
- Would you like to have a record contract? – Yeah, thanks!
Please rank your five best records, five best concerts and five most important things in life.
NOFX - So long and thanks for all the shoes
Misfits - Static Age
Danzig - II
Rancid - Life won't wait
MxPx - Life in general
Danzig på KB i Malmö
NOFX på Mejeriet i Lund
Iron Maiden på Stadion
Slayer på Hultsfredsfestivalen
MxPx på KB i Malmö
- Now I´m pretending it this should be answered fast so that´s the way it became like this =)
First, last and most expensive record ever bought?
- Shit I don´t remember... the first CD was The Simpsons-Sing the blues(Hahaha!)
The latest record was Lars Frederiksen & the Bastards... on vinyl!=)
I have never bought any really expensive record...not over 250 anyway.
The nicest record cover? Is there any record you ever have bought because of the cover?
- When we talk about the nicest record cover I must agree with the Brother Metal. It´s Iron Maiden –Live after death – itt´s so fuuuucking nice. I can´t remember if I have bought any record because of the cover.
Which is the most embarrassing record in your record collection
- AQUA... I have danish cousins... I have also a Doctor Alban... I got that from my cousins too.
What´s the best and what´s the worst of living in Sweden?
-The best is Kalles Kaviar, and the worst is that it happens very little for us punkrockers
Was it the right Robinsonwinner? Robban then?
- Who won? Emma right? But who is she? I know that Robban was blue and stupid. I don´t look at soapoperas. They´re the devil
Are they having to much attention?
- Does Dolly Parton sleeps on her back?
Hybrid Moments why that? Do you do any other covers? Which?
- I really wanted to do Hybrid moments. Glenn is god in my eyes=) We have also recorded Blitzkrieg Bop. We actually have some covers we have rehearsed.
Futureplans for the band?
- A T-shirt! Cool isn´t it?
-I´m planning to be an even better bassist so always get a place in this brilliant band.
- Rehearse much, for a long time and often,don´t forget that it must be fun in the first place.
Something to add?
- No, I think the wisdomwords was really good =) Thanks for the interview anyway!